Friday, February 17, 2012

Give your Peace Lily a shower.

Why didn't I think of this before???

I only have a couple of house plants. I'm more of an "outdoorsy plant" kind of girl. I love gardening, in fact. But when it comes to house plants, well... I lose interest. But I do have a couple plants - all gifts - and the gardener in me can't bear to let them die. In the spring, summer and fall, my house plants thrive because I set them outside. In the winter, my house plants ... survive. They get kind of anemic and dusty. Probably because they just get barely enough water to make it (I empty the kids' water bottles in my plants).

 But, I feel bad.

 My plants need a boost. Then, I remembered my aunt saying she gives her plants a shower now and then. And you know what? It works like a good summer rain. Just set the plant in the shower, turn on the cold water for a couple of minutes and come back later.

 Ta-da! Clean, happy plant.

(To those of  you with a keen eye: yes, there is a dead leaf in the center of my plant.  There were quite a few underneath as well! I thought it gave it character....)

No comments:

Post a Comment